Welcome to Routes To Roots, Christian Action on Homelessness in Poole!
We are a Christian charity which seeks to serve the needs of homeless people of all faiths and none.
Our faith and inspiration come from Jesus Christ who supported the socially excluded people of his day not by giving alms but by walking alongside them and by empowering them.
Our aims are:
- To encourage participation rather then dependency.
- To provide a place of security and warmth, where there is immediate social and spiritual support as well as the basic necessities for life: food, clothing, a place to wash and a place to rest.
- To put an end to the recycling of homelessness and to ensure that, once accommodated, clients are able to access the help and assistance they need to maintain that accommodation and become rooted in their community.
- To continue provision of supported housing, currently Amos House for three men, and to work towards another property for female clients
- To provide support needs on an individual basis, tailored to the client, providing clear assessment and progression achieved.
- To develop client self esteem, self-awareness, social skills, community engagement and employment skills by providing opportunities for team working, volunteering and training.
- To act as an advocate for the client with other agencies, such as landlords, mental health teams, addiction teams, council officers, police, probation, etc.
- To inspire, encourage and equip the people of Poole to respond to the needs of homeless people with compassion, in ways that are creative and liberating.
- To expand the provision of our services to a full-time resource centre for clients.
- To collaborate with other agencies, organisations, and groups in Poole, who work with rough sleepers and vulnerably housed adults.