DROP-IN MANAGER & VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR PART TIME
Are you passionate to see the lives of some of the most vulnerable in our community changed? If so, and you are a enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, you might be the person we are looking for to co-ordinate Routes to Roots’ Volunteers and Drop-In sessions.
You will have previous experience of working with volunteers and of team working and leadership. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to not only engage with the homeless community but also to promote the work of our charity to others you meet. You will be an organised person able to use and input on our database and co-ordinate our Volunteer rota.
We are looking for someone who is sympathetic to the Christian Faith and who understands the values behind the charity’s work. Previous experience of working for a charity is desirable.
Salary is £10,400 per annum (20 hours per week / 52 weeks) depending on experience.
The initial appointment will be for a period of six months.
Closing date for applications: Midnight 22nd July.
Interviews to be held 30th July.
Download job description and application form:
2018 R2R VolCo-Ord Job Description
2018 R2R Job Application Form
Our new shower has been installed and is now in use by clients during drop-in hours. Previously their only access to a shower had been once a week at the Salvation Army, so this new facility is a real godsend. One client commented that he felt like a ‘new man’ and he promptly took advantage of an opportunity to have his hair cut as well. Many thanks to Skinner Street URC for allowing us to install the shower in their hall and to The Screwfix Foundation and Valentine Charitable Trust who provided all the money. Tom Belmont, Manager of Screwfix at Creekmoor, presented Pat and Susan with a cheque for £1000 and took a look at how we have spent Screwfix’s money.
Pics by Samantha Cook Photography, 4th June 2018. The Screwfix Foundation donation to Routes to Roots (Poole), Skinner Street URC, Poole, Dorset BH15 1RQ, towards a new shower in the church hall, for use by rough sleepers during drop-in hours. Pic: Screwfix Poole-Creekmoor Store Manager, Tom Belmont, presents cheque to the R2R Team: (right) Chair and Founder Trustee, Revd Pat Southgate, (left) Susan Gittins, Volunteer and R2R Publicity and Fundraising.
Donations & Fundraising
• Albion Language Tours: £100
• Asda carol singing: £244.82
• Baden-Powell Junior School: £274.21
• Bankes Charity Cup: £1000
• Broadstone Methodist Church: £990.13
• Broadstone Townswomen: £30
• CAF: £150
• Canford Magna Church: £110
• Catholic Women’s League: £83
• Christchurch Creekmoor: £100
• Colehill First School Harvest: £201.59
• Foundry Arms: £115
• Hayeswood First School: £214.36
• Holtwood Church Council: £50
• Holy Angels’ Church: 89.50
• Homeless Sunday Service: £182.30
• Longfleet Primary School: £803.25
• Luminos: £685.04
• LV: £1,100
• Poole Bay Rotary Club: £2188.47
• Poole Grammar School: £222.75
• Poole Printmakers: £308.50
• Quakers: £300
• Romsey Rotary: £135.22
• St James Old Town: £5,000+ from a sleep-out
• St John’s Ashley Road choir: £104
• St John’s Broadstone: £780
• St John’s Heatherlands: £260.80
• St Mary’s & St Anthony’s of Padua: £300
• St Mary’s Longfleet: £2762.81
• St Michael’s & St Gabriel’s: £45
• St Michael’s CofE Middle School: £261.50
• St Joseph’s Nursery: £200
• TSB Bank: £300
• Verwood URC: £235.68
• Waitrose carol singing: £71.16
• WH Smith Trust: £100
• Laura’s Tombola stalls: £1884.48
• The Burdons’ Dorset Doddle walk: £365
• Adrienne’s carol singing: £100
• Dorset Pizza Kitchen: pizzas at a November Drop-in
• Kingsbere Kitchen: brought their burger van to a Christmas Drop-in for the third time
• Koh Thai: Thai end-of-year meal at a Drop-in
• Lakeside Fish & Chips: half-price chips at a Drop-in
• Merlin Entertainment staff: sponsored all the food for Christmas Day Lunch, sent in gifts and decorated the hall
Donations in kind
• Big Yellow, Poole: storage space valued at £2000
• Ceuta Healthcare: printing
• URC Skinner Street: subsidised premise hire